Skin lifting and tightening treatments
What are skin lifting and tightening treatments?
As the body naturally ages, skin loses its elasticity and collagen production slows down. This causes the skin on our face and body to sag. Additionally, our muscles and skin tissue weaken, especially around the eyes and mouth. This causes fine lines and wrinkles to appear.
Moisturisers, facials, and skincare regimens may help to delay the signs of ageing and offer quick fixes, but the results are often not permanent. Skin lifting and tightening treatments that offer long-lasting results include laser therapy, thread lifts, and dermal fillers.
How do skin lifting and tightening treatments work?
Laser skin tightening and lifting treatment is a nonsurgical and minimally invasive procedure that significantly reduces signs of ageing. Using infrared light radiation or ultrasound technology, laser therapy works by stimulating the production of collagen to tighten and lift the skin in the face. There is minimal to zero downtime with laser therapy treatments, except for some slight redness. You can resume your normal routine immediately after treatment sessions.
Zest clinic offers the following laser therapy treatments for skin tightening and lifting:
- Fotona 4D: non-invasive treatment that spurs collagen production to tighten the skin and reduce wrinkles. The result is tighter and rejuvenated skin with a youthful glow.
- BBL SkinTyte: SkinTyte uses BroadBand Light (BBL) technology that delivers IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) to trigger your body’s natural healing process and improve sagging skin in a safe and controlled manner.
- HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound): uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen production deep within the skin, resulting in firmer skin with a natural lift. While the technology was previously developed to treat tumours, it has become popular for aesthetic use as well due to its effectiveness.
An alternative to surgery, a thread lift is a cosmetic procedure that visibly lifts and tightens the skin. It involves stitching portions of the skin (instead of removing it) to pull back the skin and create a lifting effect. This method also triggers the body’s natural healing process, allowing it to deliver large amounts of collagen to the stitched areas.
At Zest Clinic, our doctors are experienced in performing thread lifts for those who are suitable for this treatment. We offer the following treatment:
- Silhouette soft thread: 30 minute non-invasive procedure that tightens and rejuvenates the skin. It offers long-lasting results (up to 24 months). This minimally invasive treatment involves placing surgical threads under the skin without a needle or incisions to lift sagging skin tissue.
Dermal fillers are injectables that deliver gel-like substances to reduce wrinkles and improve skin tone and texture. Offering a plumping and youthful effect without surgery, dermal fillers are also used to augment facial features.
Zest Clinic offers dermal filler treatments, administered under the expertise of our doctors. Please contact us to learn more.
Clinic to advise on dermal filler treatments available
Benefits of skin lifting and tightening treatments
● Improves skin tone and texture
● Prevents anti-ageing symptoms
● Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
● Firms and tightens the skin for a youthful effect
● Stimulates collagen production for a natural glow
● Non-surgical and minimally invasive
● Long-lasting and effective
Suitable candidates for skin lifting and tightening treatments in Singapore
Depending on the treatment, not everyone is suitable for skin lifting and tightening treatments. Those with bleeding disorders, chronic diseases, and allergies may not be suitable. Please consult a dermatologist to find out your options for skin lifting and tightening.
What results can I expect?
With laser therapy, thread lifts, and dermal fillers, you can expect firmer and tighter skin for a period of time. You can also expect a reduction of wrinkles and fine lines, and a more youthful glow. However, results are subjective to your skin type, age, and skin condition.
How many treatment sessions are required?
The number of treatment sessions depend on the individual and the type of treatment.
Laser therapy treatments are usually carried out over three to five sessions which last approximately 30-45 minutes. Dermal fillers usually require two to three sessions (one month apart) which last approximately 20 minutes. Thread lift procedures are usually done once or twice a year, lasting up to one hour per session.
Frequently asked questions
It depends on the individual as everyone’s skin is different. Laser therapy, thread lifts, and dermal fillers are among the most effective treatments without the use of surgery and minimal downtime. This is because these procedures stimulate the skin’s natural collagen production for more long-lasting results.
Most non-surgical treatments (such as injectables and laser therapy) for skin tightening and lifting do not cause much pain. Skin redness and minor swelling may occur. Thread lifts may cause some pain and swelling for several days after the procedure.
Laser therapy and thread lift treatments can offer permanent results for tightening and lifting skin.