Large pore treatment
Large pores are something that affects a lot of people. It is a common problem that can cause a variety of issues ranging from oily skin to severe acne. Large pores can also make your skin look dull and unhealthy, ultimately making you appear older than you are.
What are large pore treatments?
Large pore treatments work to reduce the appearance and size of the pores, making them less obvious and helping to reduce the occurrence of oily skin and other issues such as acne and aged skin.
There are two types of treatment for large pores at Zest, these are:
● Skinboosters: work to boost hyaluronic acid in the skin. Hyaluronic acid is responsible for giving our skin its structure, making it look plump and youthful.
● Laser therapy: short pulses of intense light used to reduce or improve the appearance of enlarged pores.
● Bespoke Skincare: Comprising of components like AHA/BHA, Retinols, Anti-oxidants and hyaluronic acid.
How does large pore treatment work?
At Zest, our Zest Signature Skinbooster involves injections of hyaluronic acid into the problem area. These help to improve your skin’s hydration and plumpness, which ultimately shrinks your pores, making them less visible. Our Zest Signature Skinbooster boosts the production of collagen, improving the texture, elasticity of your skin tightens saggy skin and.
Additionally, our laser therapy, Fotona Instant Peel and Miin MLA Laser work by removing dead skin cells, tightening enlarged pores, evening out skin tone, and improving your skin texture. Depending on the severity of your enlarged pores, either one or both treatments may be recommended.
Make an appointment with our doctors today!
Suitable candidates for hair loss and regrowth treatments in Singapore
Individuals who suffer from hair loss are suitable for hair loss and regrowth treatments, except those who are pregnant, nursing or may have certain allergies and medical conditions. Contact us to book a consultation and find out your options for hair loss and regrowth treatments.
Benefits of large pore treatment
- Minimise enlarged pores
- Reduce acne
- Improve oily skin
- Quick procedure
- Minimal downtime
- Safe and effective
Suitable candidates for large pore treatment
At Zest, our large pore treatment is suitable for anyone with enlarged pores.
Individuals with the following issues are NOT suitable candidates for large pore treatment:
- Sensitive skin
- History of radiation therapy
- Autoimmune diseases
- Sunburnt skin
Make an appointment with us and our doctors at Zest will be able to advise you on the feasibility of large pore treatment for you.
What results can I expect?
Depending on the type of treatment performed, you may notice immediate results after undergoing treatment for large pores. These results continue to improve as you heal.
Recovery and results vary from person to person but in general, take between one to three weeks for the treated area to completely heal. You should also expect swelling and redness post-treatment and your skin may be tender and sensitive.
For the best results, you must observe the following:
- Stop smoking: smoking has been known to reduce blood flow to the skin, increasing your chances of tissue damage, and hindering healing and recovery.
- Stop some medications: certain medications such as aspirins and anti-inflammatory drugs thin your blood making you more susceptible to bleeding during and after the procedure.
- Stop using skincare products that contain retinol or glycolic acid two to four weeks before your procedure
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling
- Avoid direct sun exposure on the treatment area
- Use good quality sunscreen
- Wash the area and apply moisturiser
- No make-up should be worn for a week post-treatment
How many treatment sessions are required?
The number of treatment sessions required depends on the severity of your enlarged pores. In general, an average of one to three treatment sessions are required for the best results. A combination of Zest Signature Skinbooster and Fotona Instant Peel will give you the best results after three sessions.
For the best results, these sessions must be coupled with good skincare habits such as:
- Using non-comedogenic make-up
- Refraining from oil-based or alcohol-based products on your skin
- Applying products that contain retinoids, these help to reduce oil-production
- Using skincare products that contain niacinamide/vitamin B3
- Removing makeup before you go to sleep
- Wearing good quality sunscreen even if you are indoors or the sky is overcast
Frequently asked questions
Large pores can be minimised using the following:
- Chemical peels
- Retinoid containing skin care products
- Niacinamide/vitamin B3 containing skin care products
- Good skincare habits
No. Pores are a necessary part of our body, they produce sebum which is needed for healthy skin and also contain hair follicles. While pores cannot be completely removed, their size can be reduced to improve the appearance of your skin.
Treatment of large pores can cause some mild discomfort. A numbing cream and be applied to the area before treatment to help alleviate the pain.